Saturday, November 21, 2020

THE SPACE ALIEN CELEBRATES THANKSGIVING 2020

 The Space Alien looked at the calendar and realized that it was almost Thanksgiving!   

Quickly the Space Alien picked up the phone and dialed Your Editor.  


"What are we doing for Thanksgiving this year?" cried the Space Alien.  "It's just days away and we haven't even begun to plan a gala dinner for family and friends!"  

Your Editor answered sadly "Don't you understand?  There is an epidemic this year!  It is called COVID19!  Why, we even carried a story about that!  It's at: http://www.spacealiengazette.com/2020/04/the-space-alien-and-queen-elizabeth-ii.html "

"You're right!" answered the Space Alien.  "I guess that's why I'm still wearing this mask!  You know I'm immune to this virus, but I've wanted to set a good example.  Now I've almost forgotten I'm wearing it.  It just seems natural now!"



"And don't forget," added Your Editor, "You even wrote a lovely poem about wearing a mask!" 

But the Space Alien still wanted to know about Thanksgiving. 

"How will we celebrate this year?  Will we still get together with family and friends and have lots of yummy food and share great memories?" 

Your Editor shook her head sadly. 

"I'm afraid not," she answered.  It's just too dangerous this year."  

"But maybe we can get together on the internet!" Your Editor continued.  "At least we could see and hear each other!"  

"It won't be the same," observed the Space Alien, "but if we love each other we can still have a meaningful Thanksgiving.  We can be thankful for each other!"

"You're right," answered Your Editor.  "We may not have a holiday table but we'll have Zoom!"

And here, Loyal Readers, is the poem written by our very own Space Alien.  We know you will appreciate its sentiment!   

You don't have to ask,
I'll still Wear a Mask!
At home or in space,
I'll cover my face!
Our friends will admire us,
And not catch this virus!
It's fashionable too!
And shows I love you!

All of us here at the busy and socially distancing offices of the Space Alien Gazette wish you the best Thanksgiving possible!