Sunday, May 10, 2020

THE SPACE ALIEN OBSERVES MOTHERS' DAY 2020

Mother's Day is special for the Space Alien, who doesn't recall having a mother but in general thinks mothers are wonderful and sometimes sees Your Editor in that role.  

Last year the Space Alien had taken Your Editor out for a lovely dinner and given her a beautiful framed self-portrait. 
http://spacealiengazette.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-space-alien-celebrates-mothers-day.html.

But this year restaurants were closed, and the Space Alien's official photographer was on assignment for major news outlets taking pictures of those showoff but oh-so-dangerous Corona Viruses! 

"I could visit her," thought the Space Alien.  "I'm imaginary so it wouldn't really be breaking her building's COVID-19 rules against visitors."

"But that doesn't seem fair; and how would I get one of my special cakes to her if I couldn't deliver it myself?"

"I think I'll give her a call on Mother's Day," concluded the Space Alien, getting out an old but serviceable cell phone. 

"She likes to talk a lot," thought the Space Alien.  
"Sometimes she can be a little repetitive and even boring but that's ok!"  


The Space Alien and the entire staff of the Space Alien Gazette wish you and yours a Happy, Healthy and SAFE Mother's Day!  
###